Tuesday 17 April 2012

The windows

Oh.  My.  Goodness!


I am SO tired and sore and it's not even 7pm.  I'm seriously having trouble typing and I'm daydreaming of laying down.  I'm nearly as tired as when I was pregnant!!!  Back then I daydreamed of laying down on the floor because it was the closest :-D


Why am I so tired and sore?  My AWESOME sister volunteered to come around and help me do some moving preparation today so I decided we'd tackle the windows.  But she had some stuff to do first (including dropping my gorgeous nephews at daycare) so I got in the mood by cleaning the dining and toy room ceilings.  My muscles hadn't quite recovered from the last ceiling clean so I was a bit stuffed after that.  I know, it's sad.


Then my wonderful sister called and asked if she could bring me a hot drink - the obvious answer being "yes"!  And she turned up with some yummy bakery items too so we had a little morning tea break :-)


Then we got to work!


Now, you need to understand something about our place.  It is an old Queenslander-style home that was originally a holiday home, and the downstairs has been enclosed.  


Here's an example of a Queenslander for those of you who may not know what one is.  Ours isn't as nice, it's much smaller and it has no verandah, but you get the idea :-)
The house has had renovations at various times and it's quite a "bitsa" place. Downstairs is half a storage room and half a little one-bedroom apartment.  The storage room probably hasn't been cleaned (other than vacuuming) in the 6 years we've been here.


All that to say, the windows were disgusting!  And my darling sister agreed to help me clean them.  It took us about one and a half hours to pressure wash all the windows outside (upstairs and down) and fully clean the 3 windows in the front room.  I am SO GLAD my sister was here to help me!  (Can I emphasize that any more???)


We took a (well deserved) lunch break then got back to it and did the other 3 windows in the apartment.  And again, I have to say my sister is awesome!  She did such a good job!  I thought the two windows she did were fairly clean before (they'd had a little going over about a month ago) but they've come up sparkling and look a million bucks.


(Side note: who'd have thought you could write a whole post on cleaning windows???)


Then she says "what's next" and I have to say I was pretty stuffed by this time.  So we did a little clean up and had afternoon tea, then she headed off.


I am so tired after all that though!  I had a shower in an attempt to get a little energy back to do dinner.  The Little Big Fella wanted an "up" hug but I couldn't!  So we had a lay on the bed cuddle and tickle instead :-D


The Little Big Fella was so good today!  He happily played by himself near us, didn't "get in the way" or crack the darkies that he didn't have all the attention.  He was just great!


So now all I need to do is the upstairs windows, the rest of the ceilings, the walls, finish packing... and get enough sleep :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment