Saturday 21 April 2012

Feeling funk-y

Today started average and kept up the pace all day.  I'm starting to feel a little pressured about getting everything done in time for the move so I woke up fairly task-focused.  Unfortunately the Little Big Fella was feeling kind of clingy and attention-hungry.  It's not a good combination.


I tried to tell myself that if I stopped and played with him for a bit we'd do better, but I was really task-focused so I didn't do so well at actually giving him the attention he needed.


After a bit of shooting in the hallway (with the Nerf gun) I did a little cleaning (have I mentioned that I hate venetian blinds?).  But I was really tired too and frustrated by how hard it can be to clean with a toddler in the house.


I'd decided not to go out and do a couple of errands today.  We're going out to a play date tomorrow so I thought I'd combine the two trips into one instead.  But that meant being home all day when I feel average.


I even tried to have a rest with the Little Big Fella on my bed.  But he wasn't anywhere near sleepy and kept putting his feet and elbows in my stomach until I had to get up and go to the loo!!!


I try so hard to get out of a funk when I'm in one, but I haven't been very successful lately.  And sometimes just the fact that I'm a mother is enough to get me down.


On the plus side, I did get a window and another set of blinds clean.  And I didn't get cranky at my son for being a toddler who loves his mum and wants her attention.  And I didn't get take away for dinner (even though I wanted to), but instead gave us proper meals (yay for leftovers and chicken nuggets in the freezer).


Tomorrow we have a play date booked with some of the mums from our mum's group.  The group got together when our kids were between one and four months old so we've known them for about three years, and been through some tough times together.  I think it's likely to be another sad goodbye.  But hopefully some fun reminiscing and general playtime too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment