Friday 6 April 2012

Good Friday

I actually read the free local paper the other day and came across a hot cross bun recipe.  Hot cross buns feel like quite a tradition to me.  Having them after church on Good Friday, toasted with butter or maybe jam too.  Mmmmm!  I toyed with the idea of making them, then decided it would be WAY easier to just buy some.  


But I forgot.  (Funny thing how big moving news does that)


So this morning I woke up early and the Little Big Fella was still sleeping so I decided to have a go at them.  And they looked awesome and tasted delicious!






Unfortunately, the Little Big Fella didn't want to eat any!  So I ate a couple and separated the rest and froze them for later enjoyment.


I was really happy with the result.  I've never had very successful bread, but this was pretty easy and came out so light and fluffy and tasty!  Yay!


The Little Big Fella and I have been for a big bike ride today (and ended up getting ice-cream too).  We went up a fairly steep hill just near our place and my quads tried to cramp up on me.  Guess I haven't been to the gym enough lately :-D


On the moving front, I've been through the toy room and now have several items on the local Facebook page to sell.  Everything else is in an appropriately sized box and grouped in a way that makes sense to our way of playing.  I've also packed half of the bookshelf, and I've just realised I can probably pack almost all the cookbooks too!  (There's a whole, large shelf of them.)  And I've emptied and taped up a set of drawers, and will probably do another 1 or 2 this evening.


I'm tired this evening though.  I've been burning the candle at both ends and really need to try to get to bed at a reasonable time as much as possible until we move.


Hope you all had a great Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment