Tuesday 3 April 2012

My cranky pants got stuck and wouldn't come off!!!

Today was not a terrific Tuesday!  I would almost go so far as to say it was a terrible Tuesday!


It actually started out okay!  The Little Big Fella came into my room, grabbed my phone and called his Daddy to tell him he'd been to the toilet to do wees.  Tee hee hee (I know, sometimes I'm very immature).


We had a nice start to the day but then the enormity of the upcoming packing and cleaning process hit me and then, for some crazy reason, I put my cranky pants on.  And they really DID get stuck!  And I couldn't get them off no matter how hard I tried!  And I really did try... all day!  Sigh.  I swear, someone must have shrink-wrapped them on to me!!!


So when I started boxing up the wrapping paper and ribbons and the Little Big Fella wanted to "help" by unraveling all the ribbons, I didn't react so well.  I tried to be nice and reasonable, but I don't think I was very successful.


Then when I went to have a shower, the rubbish bins were in there soaking, so I had to clean them and they kept falling over and I couldn't get in and have my shower and I didn't react so well.


Then when the Little Big Fella's friend came over to play and they asked me every 5 seconds if they could ride the motorbike, I didn't react so well.


And when I tried to start cleaning out downstairs so that I'd have somewhere to put the boxes I'm going to start packing, there is SO much junk that needs to be sorted through, and all the boxes we've already packed have been opened and need to be re-packed... and I didn't react so well.


And when the Little Big Fella's friend invited himself over for lunch and then made a slightly bizarre sandwich request... I didn't react so well.


And when the Little Big Fella's friend returned at 2:30 (when he knows sleep time doesn't end before 3) to stay for a sleepover... I didn't react so well.


And when the Little Big Fella got angry at his other friend who came over for a while... I didn't react so well.  But I shouldn't have been surprised because I really wasn't being a good example today.


And when the boys splashed bath water ALL over the bathroom... I didn't react so well.


And when story time became a major dilemma because someone couldn't see the book... I didn't react so well.


And when the boys started running around again and got hot and sweaty and mildly injured... I didn't react so well.


But now that the boys are asleep and the house is cleaned up I think the cranky pants might be peeling off and maybe, just maybe they'll disappear completely and tomorrow will be a lovely happy day.  It could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment