Now, what could I say that would be worthy of this milestone?
I think, especially with tomorrow being Mother's Day, I'm really don't have any other choice but to dedicate this post to my Mum.
I'm the oldest of four children and Mum stayed home with us until my brother, the youngest, started school. Times were often tough and Mum somehow made the budget stretch to keep us all fed, clothed and entertained.
I think Mum sometimes feels like she didn't do the best job (I wonder if that's just how
Although I know she was strict, that's not what I remember. I remember the fun dinners with a colour theme, dressing up, baking slices, learning the 1-2-1 formula for a basic white sauce, tramping around in the bush and lighting a campfire, her incredible wisdom and the best hugs in the world!
Mum is creative in a million ways!
- She has some great crafty skills and style.
- I don't think I've ever read or heard of a thrifty skill or idea that I haven't seen her employ.
- She can make a meal stretch from feeding 6 people to feeding 20 with barely any notice!
- She can make a meal when there's nothing in the cupboard!
- She can turn a boring wet day into an awesome adventure.
- She can make the Women's Weekly birthday cake book cake of your choice and it will look awesome :-)