Wednesday 30 May 2012

Solo shopping and popping chocolate

I had my first solo time this afternoon and even though I was only doing the food shopping, I really enjoyed it!

I loved driving 15 to 20 minutes to and from the next town.  By myself with no requests or complaints.

I loved doing the food shopping without trying to keep the Little Big Fella from exploding with excitement and running all over the place (no idea why this shopping centre makes him go nuts when he's always been pretty good before).

I loved being able to stop and look at things instead of doing a mad dash trying to pick everything up before everyone loses the plot!  It was almost relaxing!

I even bought a semi-trashy magazine for myself.

The whole shopping trip felt like a treat - and it was only food shopping!

One of the girls from playgroup mentioned that a guy sets up a fruit and veg stall opposite the shopping centre every fortnight so I got to check it out today.  I'm in love with this guy now!  His fruit and veg were fresh and smelled real!  He's looking at coming up every week instead of every fortnight too!  Yay!

Have any of you tried the new Cadbury's Marvellous Creations chocolates?  I bought a bar of the "Jelly, Popping Candy & Beanies" and was going to share it with the Big Fella.  I pulled it out of the cupboard this evening and had a piece...

I love the popping candy!  I'm pretty sure they called it rocket candy when I was in school.  I loved it then and I love it now!  But in chocolate, oh my that's good!

I savoured that piece of chocolate for several minutes.

Then I savoured another.

And another.

And another... until it was all gone.  Oops!  Sorry honey!

(I'm glad I only bought the little bar and not the big block!)


The Little Big Fella and I went to playgroup this morning and they'd set everything up out in the sun.  It was a lovely morning and I had got to play in the sand with the kids.


I'm probably also going to be helping out with selling food at the local footy games some time in the next two months, which will be interesting :-)


And we're going to a Lions Club dinner on Saturday night too.  We're looking at becoming members, partly to get to know people around here and become part of the community, but also I think because we're both at that point where we're ready to give back to our community.


And we really think of this as our community, even though we're just new.  Maybe it's just because this is a small town and I don't think you can survive really well in a small town if you don't integrate with the community.


I don't know, it just feels quite different to being in a city or even a larger town.  Probably has something to do with the fact that everyone waves and says hello when you walk around town too :-)


I've finally ordered some blinds for the kitchen and dining room windows so we'll be able to shut out the world a little at night time.  I feel very exposed without blinds.  Not that I'm doing anything that I'd be embarrassed by...

No comments:

Post a Comment