Tuesday 21 February 2012

Stormy weather

We've got a fantastic light show going on just now and I LOVE it!  I'm such a thunder and lightning fan!


I remember when I was younger I'd love to sit out on the road (we lived in a quiet enough street) and watch the thunder storms go around us.


I love the smell of rain on hot concrete and roads.


I love the variety in the shapes of the lightning strikes.


I love the feeling of power behind the thunder.


I love the effect it all has on my garden :-D


And then I love lots of music written about storms too.  There's "Stormy Weather" of course.  And Garth Brooks has one about thunder rolling.  It's a bit sad because the hubby has been out cheating but the sound of the song is great.  And good old "It's raining, it's pouring".


I had a friend who was quite scared of thunder storms.  She had a great reason for it too!  As a very small child she'd seen the lightning (blue, I think she recalled it as being) come across the room, very close to her, and strike her TV. I'd imagine the thunder that went with it would have been phenomenal!


We did have one day where the lightning struck in the next street so the flash/boom was awfully close and loud.  But I still love the storms!  I'm a bit of an addict.  Guess there are worse things to be addicted to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment