Wednesday 15 February 2012

The coming weekend

We're all going away for a little long weekend, starting tomorrow.  And I'm a little nervous.  The Little Big Fella and I are driving about four hours and the Big Fella will be driving with his workmate to meet us there.


"There" is the Big Fella's parents' holiday apartment at a lovely little island just off the mainland.  It's on the 2nd storey, has a lovely view of the park and ocean, and is in a lovely quiet part of the town.  There's a pool in the apartment complex, and a playground across the road.


Sounds pretty ideal huh?  And hopefully it will be!


But the Little Big Fella hasn't been great on long car trips in the past.  In fact, he was downright horrible for a long time!  I'm hoping that timing the first leg of the trip with his afternoon nap will work, and the portable DVD player I just got off layby will cover the 2nd half of the trip :-)


If not, it'll be a loooong drive!


Then, hopefully being in the same place for three days will not cause any niggly-ness between the Big Fella and his mum.  They often get along just fine, but in confined spaces for too long, they just know how to push each others' buttons.


But I'm as prepared as I can be, so now all I can do is hope for the best!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This evening I decided to bake a cake.  We had a couple of bananas that were past it so banana cake was on the agenda.  (I think it's a good thing to turn up to someone else's holiday house with something home-baked!)


The Little Big Fella loves cooking, especially when beaters are involved so I set it all up for him to help me.  (By the way, the Tupperware mixing bowls with the splash cover are SO worth it when baking with kids!  The splashes really are almost all contained.  And their sifter fits in the hole so you can sift straight in without getting it all over the kitchen.)


We cooked away (him in his birthday suit incidentally) and then I said to him, "you can lick the bowl if you like".  He, being nearly three, took me literally and stuck his head in the bowl!!!!  There was banana cake batter ALL over his head, face, hands and body!  It was rather funny, at the same time as being a little gross.  So when he was done it was off to the shower (without touching anything on the way).


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Have a lovely weekend everyone!  I'll see you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment