Friday 10 February 2012

It's MY blog!

I had my hair cut and coloured this week.  As well as Super Carer, I'll be devastated to have to find a new hairdresser when we eventually move to be with the Big Fella.  I can't think of a cool nickname for her tonight (I'm a little tired) but as soon as I do, I'll let you know :-)


Anyway, my awesome hairdresser is one of the people whose absence from my life I will notice and feel most severely!  As well as being supremely competent as a hairdresser and colour artist, she's such a great person!  And in true hairdresser/bartender fashion, she is a font of wisdom.


She asked how my blog was going and I mentioned that I've been somewhat slack in blogging recently.  This has mostly been because I haven't been feeling happy (actually, I had a week of being rather down-in-the-dumps) and this is meant to be a happiness blog.  Her response was, "it's your blog, you can write whatever you want in it!"


I've been pondering this piece of wisdom and realised that she's right!  I don't want my blog to turn into a bed of negativity, but the reality is that I struggle with happiness sometimes.  And, as it's my blog, I can write about that if I want to.  Hopefully it'll still be somewhat interesting to someone, but that's rather a secondary concern.


Strangely, I feel somewhat freed by this thought.  Released and, dare I say it, happy!  I wonder how many other things I'm allowing to constrain me that are entirely superfluous?  But that's a thought for another (less tired) day.  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment