Monday 22 April 2013

Loved and lost

I just found out tonight that a friend of mine has died.  She died several months ago but I'm feeling awful that I didn't know and didn't have the opportunity to support her and those who loved her so much at the end of her life.

I've had so many wonderful people come in and out of my life.  I've lived in several towns and made friends with many, almost family with some.

But the reality of my life is that I've lost contact with people who have been incredibly dear to me.  And even though we have have Facebook and e-mail and Skype and relatively cheap phone calls, I have lost some of these connections.

The pragmatic part of me points out that it would be impossible to maintain the intensity of friendships that I have had.  I literally don't have enough time.

But I guess I just wanted to take this moment to say to those of you that read this post;

"Thank you for being my friend.  The times that we had are as rich and dear to me now as they were then.  I miss you and I am so grateful to have known you."

No comments:

Post a Comment