Saturday 22 September 2012

Argh me hearty!

You guessed it!  We went to a pirate party today!  The Little Big Fella and I dressed up as pirates, only to discover when we got there that none of the other adults had dressed up!  Embarrassed?  Only for a fraction of a second... I love a good dressup and I looked pretty good ;-)

My son is such an anti-socialite sometimes.  He begs to play with his friends, or go to someone's house, then plays all by himself!  Actually, it's normally only in larger groups - if it's one-on-one he's pretty much fine, or even a group of 2 or 3, but after that he's very much a loner.

It doesn't bother me that the Little Big Fella likes to play alone, but I do wonder how it will affect him later in life.  How will he go at Kinder next year?  How will he go at school?  Will he get picked on for playing on his own?  Or will he be different when I'm not around anyway?

Our chickens have started to become a little more adventurous.  They spent last night out in their chicken house rather than in a box in the house (it was a really warm night last night).  And today they've been "flying" off the landing of the chook house, down into their little yard.  I've had to try to catch them several times and get them back up into their house.

So this afternoon, the Big Fella decided it was time to teach them to use the ramp up to the chook house.  So we caught them all, 1 or 2 at a time, and helped them walk up the ramp.  I think they were slightly traumatised by being caught and handled so much, but after a few times, they seemed to get the hang of it.

So hopefully tomorrow when we go out to check on them, they'll either be in the chook house, or happily scratching around on the ground and able to get themselves "upstairs" without any worries.

One of the things the Big Fella did today was to move our shade roller from over the little verandah to over the kitchen window.  It's quite hot in the kitchen in the mornings and he has a shade sail he wants to put out over the verandah (hopefully soon because it was HOT in the lounge this afternoon without that outside blind).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the kitchen feels in the morning with less of the sun streaming in.  Maybe it'll even be cool enough to stick my hands in hot water and wash the dishes ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment