Wednesday 30 January 2013

Sweet, blessed rain!

I wrote this post the day our internet went down - 4 or 5 days ago.  Thought I'd share it with you anyway :-)


It's been raining in our little town for about 36 hours, the last 24 or so being constant, soaking rain.

Our back and side yards are flooded.





The road opposite us, that leads across a little river, has been closed.



The road to the coast is closed in several places.  The road between us and the next town has water over it in several places.

We are stranded!

And you might think I'd be worried about it.  But I'm not!

"Why not?" I hear you ask!

Well, a couple of reasons really.

1. We've got plenty of food and other necessities packed away because I was aware of the possibility of getting flooded in once the wet season started.

2. And we have been desperate for the rains to come!  It has been SO dry around here.

3. The rain has lowered the temperature to the point that I'm wearing a t-shirt with sleeves and a long skirt!  After weeks of being so hot I had to prepare the evening meal in the morning before the house got too hot to bear, the cool is such a relief!

4. I now have a clothes dryer!!!!  Yay!  So, even though it's wet, I'm doing loads of washing :-)

I just re-read that last one and realised that I am such a stay-at-home mum/housewife!!!!  Lol!

No doubt I'll be sick of the rain soon enough, but for now I'll enjoy it... and the lazy, sitting-on-the-couch-with-my-fellas-watching-movies time :-D

The weather has turned quite warm since then - I even had the fans on at 7:30 this morning!  Amazing weather, here in Central Queensland!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment