Monday 28 January 2013

Stranded

We finally got some rain, after months with little to none!!!  It was SO sweet!!!

But then it kept raining, and raining, and raining.

It rained solidly for about 36 hours, plus the drizzle before and after for about another 12 to 24 hours.

Unsurprisingly, the creeks and rivers flooded.  Our back and side yards were big pools.  And the roads were closed.  In fact, for a day or two there was little chance of leaving our little town and we're still cut off from the major town on the coast.

Our internet is also down, so I'm using the hotspot feature of my mobile and writing on my tablet.  It's a little frustrating, but it works.

Thankfully I'd been aware of the possibility of being blocked in, so over the past few weeks I've been stocking up the cupboards with the foods we eat most of, as well as "emergency" meals like pasta and tortillas that keep well, and had some milk in the freezer.  Yay for forward thinking!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment