Saturday 19 January 2013

Old MacDonald had a farm...

Our little chicks, Salt and Pepper, have grown too big for their box, and too big for the cage.  So during the day we let the big chooks out in the yard, and let Salt and Pepper scratch around in the chook area.  If I'm outside, I let them out in the yard as well (the big chooks pretty much chase them down so I prefer not to have them together too much).

Anyway, this afternoon I'd let them out into the yard then went back inside (the Fellas were outside playing on the trampoline and in the sprinkler).

A little while later I hear the Big Fella calling out to me.  He was on the back "deck" (okay, it's not even a metre square, but we'll call it a deck because it has decking timber, okay?), laying down and enjoying the breeze after hanging out in the sprinkler and getting totally soaked.

I looked out the door and saw him laying there.

Then I noticed the two dogs laying right next to him.

Then I noticed the chicks, sitting on his bare tummy!  And while I watched, the black chick wandered up on to his face!!!!

Apparently they'd climbed the stairs all by themselves and perched on top of him.

Guess you can't help it when you've got... animal magnetism (tee hee hee)!

No comments:

Post a Comment