Monday 1 August 2016

I think I've got the bug!

Oh dear.  I think I've been infected, and it seems to be slightly out of control!

It started with the simple idea of decorating the guest room.  Just a picture to continue the colour theme of the doona cover.

I saw plenty of options but thought, "I can do that!".

Sigh.

What started as a simple little project has become an obsession of YouTube videos, art composition tutorials, Pinterest hunting and the developing desire to "try that technique".

I've finished the guest room painting:


It's funny how a photo really doesn't capture it, despite the lighting and detail.  When I look at the photo here, it looks quite flat and a bit dull.  But when I look at it in real life, it has a bit of texture and I can look at it for way too long.

I've started on my next idea.



But before it's even half way done, I've got an idea for the one after that!

I think I might be a little bit hooked!  It's fun and relaxing and interesting and even though I get frustrated with my lack of ability, I really like it!

The painting bug bit me, and I don't mind a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment