Friday 21 August 2015

Interruption

It's been super busy at work lately.  And kind of stressful.  Everyone has so much going on, and they're under a lot of pressure from those at Head Office to get things done in somewhat unreasonable time frames.

It's good for me!  It keeps me busy enough that the days fly by and I feel like I've achieved something.

But the constant stress has brought a lot of negativity and the blame game has had a good airing.

By the time I get home most days, I feel tired.  Part of it is that I'm not overly inspired by my work, even though I know I do it well.

And then with everything happening with buying our house I've been wishing I could be at home sorting and packing and (dare I say it) cleaning.

This morning I was working away, very busily, and trying to get something done that wasn't quite working.  I was starting to feel the stress rising as my computer slowed to a crawl and the list of demands from my colleagues grew.

Then, out of the blue, I received a text message.  That's not entirely unusual at work, but to get one from the Big Fella really is!  The Big Fella rarely texts, almost always preferring a phone call, even if the "conversation" started as a text.

My semi-pause in my work to check my phone turned into complete distraction as I sat pondering the interruption my husband had sent.

I was thinking this morning how much I like my life.  I have a lovely wife, son, and a good job.  We have a brilliant life.

And, you know what?  He's completely right!

I love my Fellas so much.  I am completely lucky to have a husband who cooks, cleans and can fix anything.  He respects me and treats me like a lady, and forgives me for being lazy or ungracious.

My son is perfectly healthy, usually polite, intelligent and good at sports.  He is interesting and funny and great company.

And my job is good!  I get paid really well to do something that I'm good at.  It gives my life structure (that works really well for me) and I feel like I'm contributing.  And when I compare it to how I felt as a 100% at-home-mum, I appreciate my job even more.

My day progressed and got more chaotic.  My computer cracked it and had to be re-started, and I was loaded up with more to do while I was attempting to complete everything I already had before the weekend.

Normally I'd be getting frustrated and slightly losing the plot.  But today, because of this simple interruption, I was in a good frame of mind and just worked my way through it all.  I even got to leave work 10 minutes early!

Amazing what a little reminder of the good things in your life can do to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment