- I'm the oldest of four kids - two sisters and one brother.
- My parents are still married and are about to celebrate their 37th wedding anniversary.
- I have a fairly routine bedtime of 10pm, and wake up at 6am. Okay, routine is probably an exaggeration. It's my goal and I probably achieve it about 80% of the time.
- I'm a mystery shopper - I go into stores and evaluate their products, cleanliness and service then report and make suggestions for improvement. It's slightly ironic, because as a young worker I was mystery shopped many times!
- If I don't eat breakfast, I turn into a cranky-pants monster by about 10:30am
- I've only ever won a single ribbon in a sport. I came 2nd in the 50m breaststroke in Year 8 at the school swimming carnival.
- I used to have a pretty good memory, especially for people's names. Then I had a child and my brain capacity went out the window!
- Sometimes I want to cry for no good reason at all.
- I didn't drink alcohol until I got married at 22 years old.
- Ants drive me totally batty!!! I'll literally chase them around my house and squish any that I see.
- Half the time I'd prefer to watch a good kid's movie (Toy Story, Frozen, Turbo etc.) rather than one intended for adults.
- I like almost all music, but my favourite is jazz.
- I lived in the USA for a year, and when I came home to Australia it took me several months to sound like an Aussie again.
- I get an absolute thrill out of watching my son learn :-)
- I hardly ever talk to my family on the phone, even though I love them to pieces and miss them like crazy. I always think I'll be interrupting their busy lives, which is stupid, because even if I only get to say "hi", it's better than nothing, right?
- I've never named my vehicles.
- I don't really have a favourite colour. Sometimes it's yellow, sometimes red, sometimes blue, occasionally purple. I don't really like orange or brown.
- When we were growing up my brother would often say to me, "you're not the Mum". Guess I was a little bossy :-)
- One of my strongest love languages is touch, but I'm really hesitant to instigate it with others.
- Before I go to sleep I usually lay on my back, then my side, then my tummy, then my other side, before finally choosing a side to sleep on.
Thursday, 13 March 2014
I was going to write a random post with "quirky facts" about me, except that I don't think I'm particularly quirky, so it would have been misleading. Instead, I'll give you a few "not-so-quirky facts".
So there you go! All the stuff you never knew you wanted to know about me! Enjoy!