Thursday 27 December 2018

August 2018

So apparently doing one blog post a month was beyond my capacity in 2018!  But I have photos and stuff written in my diary
, so I'll do an end-of-year catch up over the next few days and see if I can squeeze six months into 5 days.

The Big Fella was running a new school in August and spent half of it working from home on day shift (a lovely change to his weird all-over-the-place-mostly-night shifts), and then headed to a town three and a half hours away for a few weeks.  He hates it down there, and being apart five days a week really gets wearing.

I had an interview for a different job in August.  I'd applied because it was a brilliant opportunity, not because I particularly wanted to leave my current workplace.  I didn't end up with the job but received some very encouraging feedback, which is always nice.

The Big Fella and I went to a "Bogan Bingo" event with some friends, that was being run by our next door neighbour.  I've actually never been to bingo, but dressing down as a bogan was fun and my competitive nature kicked in a bit for the bingo.  We won some gardening stuff and had a good laugh.

August is my birth month, and I got to go to lunch with the ladies from my art group.  I love my art ladies!  They're so generous and friendly and uplifting!  My family also sent me gifts and made me feel loved, and my Fellas spoiled me with love and attention (and presents, too).  

Uni had an assignment due at the end of my birthday week, so I spent a lot of time ignoring my Fellas so I could get it done.  I'm hoping to get even better at preparing for assignments so I don't stress out or ignore them so much in 2019.

Our art challenge for August was Australian fauna, so I decided to play around with watercolours.  I've not used them much, but I was pretty happy with two of my mini pieces (they're about 5cm x 10cm).



The Art Society also participated in the local craft fair and tourist attraction's 10th anniversary.  We each put in small art pieces for a silent auction, and we ran a bunch of kid's art workshops, which were really well received.  Some kids really have a great artistic bent, and others just enjoy playing, which is just as valuable in my opinion!  Here's my little palette knife acrylic piece for the auction:


And that's all I can remember from August.  See you soon for September!

No comments:

Post a Comment