Wednesday 25 February 2015

That! Was! AWESOME!!!!

A few weeks ago a new friend invited the Little Big Fella to a blow up water park in the closest large town to us.  It sounded pretty cool so I said we'd go.

The organisation of said event turned out to be a little complicated, especially when a category 5 tropical cyclone hit the coast (a couple of hours East of us) yesterday.  The cyclone has caused some pretty devastating damage where it made land, but we only got a little wind, and a tiny bit of rain.

Saturday morning we woke up to a beautifully sunny day.  We could tell it was going to be a hot one so it was all go to buy the tickets and get organised to get there.

Eventually we met up with our friends, got everyone in the cars, stopped once or twice along the way, got to the showgrounds after a little detour, got out of the cars, got all our stuff, got into the ever-growing line, remembered to put on sunscreen and made it through the gates.

In so many ways, I am just a big kid.  I love Disneyland and fairy tales and all those things that make you squee with joy!

Seriously, this place was SO cool!!!

There were four BIG blow up pools, a maze, an obstacle course, a big, horizontal slide-y thing (we didn't actually end up checking that one out), and slides and toys and water and laughter and boats that you paddle by hand...

It was just SO cool!!!

Hang on!  Here's the website to give you a bit of an idea: http://www.waterwonderland.com.au/

Now, the Little Big Fella is often... tentative.  I wouldn't describe him as particularly brave.  So when his friend asked him to go on the BIG slide in the middle of the park, I nearly fell over when he agreed to!!!

I waited in line with them, then watched as they climbed about three storeys high.

I waited to watch them slide down.

Other kids came down.

I looked, and I waited.

No Little Big Fella.

"Oh no!  I'm going to have to climb up there and get him" is what I was thinking.  Then the lifeguard told me that if you climbed up the stairs on this side of the pool, you slide down into the other pool.

I quickly scooted out of the pool I was in and around to the next one and found the boys.

"How was that?" I asked.

"That!  Was!  AWESOME!!!!" yelled my Little Big Fella.

Big grins all around.

Funnily enough though, when his friend wanted him to go up and over the other side, he declined.

No comments:

Post a Comment